Monday, September 22, 2008

Heart of Flesh

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26

Do you realize how UTTERLY HOPELESS I would be without this promise? It is God Himself who has given me the capacity to love Him. This fact should eliminate pride at it's core. Without His intervention I am left with a hopeless heart of stone--depravity, darkness, death. I don't understand why he would choose to rescue this wretch. I am, I will be, endlessly GRATEFUL.

3 comments:

JanAl said...

AMEN SISTER! HOW IS IT THAT WE ARE GIVEN SO MUCH, AND YET WE(I) DO SO LITTLE WITH IT?

Margaret said...

and...Jer 24:7- "I will give them a heart to know me, for I am the LORD..." and...I Ki 8:58- "...that He may incline our hearts to Himself, to walk in all His ways..." Not only is God the only one who can give us the heart to love Him, but also the heart to love those around us, the ones we live with on a daily basis (which can be the LAST ones we show love to) and those who annoy the dickens out of us. :)

Charity said...

We had a great discussion in life group last week about this very topic!

"What do you have that you have not received? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as thought you did not?" (I Cor. 4:7)