Monday, February 16, 2009

GRACE

As I laid in bed early this morning, unable to sleep, the Lord brought to my mind the reminder of what a privilege it is to be a recipient of His grace.

Last evening Matt and I attended "Vision Night" at our church. This was only our second year attending, and just as I was after our first time, I was so pleased to hear the heart of both the pastors and the people. What I love most about our church is what I believe to be an honest, humble, seeking after the TRUTH. I am so thankful to be part of a church where Christ is exalted! This is the first, the foremost, the ONLY purpose of our church! And I truly see that lived out in every ministry, in the lives and testimonies of our leadership, and in so many of the lives of the people!

I must make mention of something I noticed was missing from such a meeting which included open forum for comments, questions, and concerns regarding the ministry: discord. There simply wasn't any, PRAISE BE TO GOD! Only by an outpouring of God's grace could a group of wretched sinners lay themselves aside, come together as body of redeemed sinners and succeed in exalting Christ!

I can't think of a better name for a church: GRACE. (The one word really is all that's needed on the sign.) Nor could I think of a better name for the theme of my life: GRACE. I am humbly and even painfully aware of my unworthiness to be part of any church family, let alone one such as this. Even more so am I aware of my unworthiness to be called one of His own.

7 comments:

Margaret said...

Amen to everything you said, Kati. We left last night with an incredible gratitude to God for leading us to a church filled with His Grace...to a church that worships ONLY Jesus Christ!

JanAl said...

Amen, and Me TOO!
We did not make it last night, because I have not been feeling well, but Praise God, that I did not have to be there to know that I am blessed to be a part of Grace church.

Anonymous said...

Randy and I have been there for about 4 years now, and we still thank our God everyday for leading us to this church!! Bringing Jesus glory! Praise to our wonderful, glorious God! linda

Rod and Sara said...

last night was a blessing! We are also so thankful for grace and Grace.

Charity said...

I commented on the same thing to Danny last night after the meeting: it is an indescribable gift to be part of a church where there is so little discord and God's grace is evident. Words cannot express how thankful we are to be part of this body. Praise Him!!

~~anna~~ said...

So, I assume you are the Matt & Kati that made it official and joined the church yesterday...
Welcome!
Not sure if I met you when we were back *home* last August or not.
But I'll look forward to meeting you this August.

~anna~
in the Dominican Republic

Kati said...

Anna, thanks for commenting! I don't think we've ever officially met, but will make it a point to say hi next time you are home. Lord bless you down there in the warm! :)