Friday, November 7, 2008

The JOY of fall

While visiting friends earlier this week, I noticed my children practically salivating with desire over the piles of leaves in their yard. So, while at home yesterday, I let them "borrow" some leaves from our neighbor (since we don't have trees mature enough to produce a good amount of leaves) to enjoy what will most likely be our last day of Indian summer.

It is a good reminder for this too-serious-grown-up to enjoy the simple God-given gifts.







a



4 comments:

Margaret said...

awwww...how sweet! What a mom! :)

Diana said...

I'm only assuming that once you borrowed them, you let the neighbors know that they would need to rake them into piles again?! :) Leaves are fun aren't they? I remember spending hours in them! That was probably before we had to rake them!

Charity said...

We did the same thing yesterday! Our tree has practically rained leaves for 2 days, so there were enough for a massive pile. I ended up raking the yard twice, but it was so worth it. How many days do you experience when you get to jump barefoot into a gigantic pile of leaves??

JanAl said...

Love the pictures!
Your family is invited any time to come roll in my leaves!
I love to watch my kids play in them!