Thursday, October 23, 2008

Elders at the North Pole?

As we were in the van this afternoon, headed to Dollar Tree with the mission of shopping to fill shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child, I was only vaguely aware of the conversation going on between my three children in the backseat. I caught just bits and pieces of some discussion on Christmas, the North Pole, and whether or not children actually live there. Then Erin said something that got my attention:

"I know what an elder is", she said, in typical know-it-all fashion.

I was quite impressed that she had apparently been listening to the recent discussions Matt and I have had regarding church elders.

Then she went on, "They're the short guys who live at the North Pole....."

10 comments:

Diana said...

Hummmm....Now it is left up to us to decide whether she really WAS listening to you & Matt's conversation...... :)

Kati said...

i'll never tell

JanAl said...

hillarious! :}

Anonymous said...

you should introduce her to elder brian reifsnider....the shortest of the short guys :)

that really was funny, though!

Charity said...

So if elders are at the North Pole helping Santa, then who is serving in church leadership??? :D :D

JanAl said...

Charity~
I thought our elders(elves) had very pointy ears! And, I think I saw jingle bells on Bill last week! :}

Margaret said...

lol

Charity said...

Quote of the day (from the all-time classic Christmas movie, Elf):

"Hey, this is just like Santa's workshop; except it smells like mushroom soup and everyone looks like they want to hurt me."

Chris said...

Charity....

You have me worried. Why can you quote ELF??

Kati said...

Scared me too! :) :)