Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Speechless

My words will be few here, because they wouldn't be adequate anyways.

Yesterday, December 30, 2008, I was given the privilege of witnessing the birth of Reed Franklin Deaton, son of Rod and Sara. He is simply beautiful; a masterpiece of the Creator.

I stand in awe of our God, the Mastermind of the entire process of pregnancy and birth and LIFE. He is truly brilliant; far beyond my understanding. The events of the day have filled me with the pressing desire to praise Him over and over. Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! To him be the glory forever! Amen!

4 comments:

JanAl said...

Praise God that everything went well!

Anonymous said...

i once had the opportunity of being with a young girl who wanted me there during her labor and delivery. it was awesome. i'd already had 4 children, but this time i didn't have to close my eyes and concentrate on the delivery myself. saw the whole thing. very cool.

thank you, Jesus, for a safe and complication-free delivery.

Kati said...

Yes, it was a whole different perspective than when I delivered my own babies. I was able to enjoy it on a whole different level. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to be there.

Charity said...

What an incredible experience, Kati! I honestly don't know how anyone can deny the existence and power of God after going through, or witnessing, the birth of a child. Each one is truly a miracle!